Speaking and Listening work with children with a range of difficulties including:
- Attention and Listening difficulties
- Speech sound difficulties
- Delayed expressive language e.g. difficulties learning new words or difficulties forming sentences
- Delayed understanding of language e.g. difficulty following instructions or learning new concepts
The first contact will always involve an assessment so that I can fully understand your child’s current communication skills. This may involve observations and discussions as well as formal or informal assessments with your child. If a joint decision is made that therapy would be useful, clear targets are set and a timeframe agreed. All assessments and therapy are presented in a fun and non-threatening manner. Therapy will take place in your child’s home or educational setting.
I always work alongside any NHS therapist involved and liaise with all professionals involved with your child such as nursery/ school staff and other medical professionals.
Advantages of Speaking & Listening
- No waiting lists
- Flexible service that can fit around you and your family
- No travelling to appointments
- Assessment and therapy in an environment familiar to your child
- Regular input for your child to maximise potential for faster progress